We would be delighted to hear from any U3A member willing to help arrange visits/events.
- the Newsletter (members receive by email)
- the website: https://www.u3aburystedmunds.co.uk/
- at the U3A Help Desk 09.30 – 10.00 before the monthly ‘Apex’ lectures usually the third Tuesday of the month
How to Apply
- by post to U3A in Bury St Edmunds, The Risbygate Centre, 90 Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3AA
- at the U3A Help Desk at the Monthly ‘Apex’ Lectures
Bookings will be allocated in order of receipt of application.
Once the event is full, we withdraw the on-line booking arrangements.
How to Pay
Please note that we can no longer accept cash.
Please pay at the time you make your reservation for a place.
|Pay by:||Where/how to pay:|
|Credit or debit card||· On line. Go to Make a payment on the menu above. This is our preferred method of payment
. At the Computer Clinic, upstairs at the Apex every Monday from 10 to 11.45am.
· At U3A Help Desk at the monthly ‘Apex’ Lecture – see above
· At the Office The U3A in BSE, The Risbygate Centre, 90 Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3AA
Open 10 – 12 noon, Tues, Weds and Thurs. Before setting out phone 01284 717196 within these hours to check that the office is staffed by people able to process credit/debit payments.
· Account number 02509615
· Sort code 30-91-49
· Use ‘payment reference’ for your name and title of event eg ‘zoo smith’. If you are paying for others too please email/phone us to let us know the names of the other(s) being paid for.
|Cheque||By post to office:
The U3A in BSE, The Risbygate Centre, 90 Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds,
· Make payable to ‘U3A in BSE’
· write on back of cheque your name & names of other people you are paying for and title of event e.g. ‘zoo Jane/John Smith’
We aim to send confirmation of successful on-line applications. If you have applied by post or personally at the monthly lecture, please ensure you have retained details from the advertisement regarding departure time/venue etc.
Tickets are rarely issued.
If events are over-subscribed, a waiting list may be created. You will be contacted if a vacancy arises; let the organiser know if you subsequently wish to withdraw from the list.
By the committee the committee reserves the right to cancel at any stage with full refund
By you If you cancel more than a month before the event date, we will try to offer your place(s) to members on the waiting list. Should there be no waiting list no refunds will be possible.
Members are reminded that places on a visit can only be offered to a non-member if there is no waiting list for a trip. Non-members must be accompanied by a Bury St Edmunds U3A member Arrangements must be made through one of the organisers. U3A insurance does not cover non-members.
The Committee would be delighted to hear from any U3A member willing to help arrange visits.
Information for people going on visits
We aim to provide details within the advert on
Return departure pick-up point and time
What we ask of you
ICE (in case of emergency) We must think of worst-case scenarios and ask you to supply the name and telephone number of a person to contacted in the event of an emergency – please be assured this information will only be used in the event of such an emergency.
Your mobile phone number so we can contact you on the trip
Please inform us of any special requirements you need us to be aware of at the time of when you book your place i.e. hearing difficulty. If you need a helper with you on a trip, the helper will be charged the full price for the excursion/event.
Written November 2018 & amended September 2019.