The Bury St Edmunds U3A is a self-help group of people who are no longer in full-time paid employment. We were founded in 1988 and have a membership of over 1000.
- Our activities include:
- A monthly lecture of educational interest, open to all members.
- Specific-interest groups who meet at times of their own choosing.
- The groups frequently meet in each others houses so group sizes are necessarily small.
- An annual Study Day on a nationally important topic, open to our members and other local U3As.
- Educational visits and social/cultural events are organised throughout the year.
We welcome (but do not insist upon!) contributions from all. If you have some specialised knowledge, please do not keep it to yourself, but join and contribute to one of our groups. Or start a group of your own choosing. Help in setting it up is available.
Given the current situation and advice from the government, we have decided that for the health and safely of all our members all U3A meetings, trips and events are suspended.
Study groups continue to meet if it is possible for them to do so within the current guidance.
The office will remain closed until further notice.
If you need to make urgent contact please use firstname.lastname@example.org
We have added a page to share useful resources to help you keep stimulated during Corona Virus precautions.
Applying for membership of the U3A in Bury St Edmunds