The Bury St Edmunds U3A is a self-help group of people who are no longer in full-time paid employment. We were founded in 1988 and have a membership of over 1000.
- Our activities include:
- A monthly lecture of educational interest, open to all members.
- Specific-interest groups who meet at times of their own choosing.
- The groups frequently meet in each others houses so group sizes are necessarily small.
- An annual Study Day on a nationally important topic, open to our members and other local U3As.
- Educational visits and social/cultural events are organised throughout the year.
We welcome (but do not insist upon!) contributions from all. If you have some specialised knowledge, please do not keep it to yourself, but join and contribute to one of our groups. Or start a group of your own choosing. Help in setting it up is available.
Given the current situation and advice from the government, we have decided that for the health and safely of all our members that all U3A meetings, study groups, trips and events are suspended.
The office will also be closed until further notice but the answer phone will be checked at least weekly. If you need to make urgent contact please use email@example.com
We will be issuing more detailed information in the April Newsletter
How to Join the U3A
There is no waiting list so if you follow the instructions on this form and send it to the office, your membership card and programme will be sent to you quite quickly. Alternatively you can enrol at our monthly lecture at the Apex. Check the Lectures page first in case of a change of date.
If you would like to join us
Click for an on-line application form which you can complete and submit on-line.
To renew your membershipClick Here