The Bury St Edmunds U3A is a self-help group of people who are no longer in full-time paid employment. We were founded in 1988 and have a membership of over 1000.
- Our activities include:
- A monthly lecture of educational interest, open to all members.
- Specific-interest groups who meet at times of their own choosing.
- The groups frequently meet in each others houses so group sizes are necessarily small.
- An annual Study Day on a nationally important topic, open to our members and other local U3As.
- Educational visits and social/cultural events are organised throughout the year.
We welcome (but do not insist upon!) contributions from all. If you have some specialised knowledge, please do not keep it to yourself, but join and contribute to one of our groups. Or start a group of your own choosing. Help in setting it up is available.
How to Join the U3A
There is no waiting list so if you follow the instructions on this form and send it to the office, your membership card and programme will be sent to you quite quickly. Alternatively you can enrol at our monthly lecture at the Apex. Check the Lectures page first in case of a change of date.
If you would like to join us
Click for an on-line application form which you can complete and submit on-line.
To renew your membershipClick Here